The next safe pass course will be on Saturday, 6th May (FULLY BOOKED) and Saturday, 20th May from 8am–5pm at the Woodlands Hotel, Waterford. The course will be delivered by Ken Walsh Workplace Safety & Health Practitioners. Group bookings and in-house training are also available. Cost is €110 per person which can be paid on the day by cash or cheque. Contact Waterford Chamber at 051 872639 to book a place. If you are booking a place on behalf of someone else, please check if that person will be available on the date of the course before booking.
Please note that safe pass courses are restricted to a maximum of 20 people per course so if a course is fully booked we cannot take further bookings.
Construction workers are bound by law to hold a valid Safe Pass card. Safe Pass training is provided to ensure that all site personnel undergo basic health and safety awareness training with a view to making a positive contribution to the prevention of accidents and avoidance of health hazards.
- Participants must bring a passport-sized photo and their PPS number on the day of the course
- Participants must be over 16 years of age and have a good command of the English language
- Participants arriving after the course commences will not be permitted entry
- A safe pass card is valid for 4 years from the date of training. If you already have a safe pass card you can check when it expires by looking at the last four digits of the number on the card which represent the month and year of expiry in the format of MMYY (where MM=Month and YY=Year)
- If you lose your safe pass card and need a replacement, or have any queries relating to safe pass, please contact SOLAS (formerly called FAS) at 01 533 2500
- For further details about Safe Pass, visit http://www.fas.ie/en/Training/Employee+Training/Safe+Pass/