The aim of this initiative is to identify specific pieces of EU legislation that create significant burdens for businesses, with a particular focus on SMEs. The legislation that has been identified this year is Regulation No. 1169-2011 on the Provision of Food Information to Consumers. Some aspects of the legislation that have been identified as burdensome are as follows:
- Obligation for food business operators in the catering and restaurant sector to provide allergen information
- mandatory food information (art. 9)
- storage conditions or conditions of use (art. 25)
- mandatory nutrition declaration
- restrictions to the presentation of the products (art. 34)
- fair information practices (article 7)
We’re looking to collect data including; anecdotal evidence, estimates of additional costs incurred; inconsistencies in enforcement etc; and written testimonials from business.
Please send your input to
before Friday, 31st March 2017.